History of Metagitsi
The village Metaggitsi is situated southward of the prefecture of Halkidiki, among the peninsula of Agio Oros and Sithonia and after Agios Nikolaos at a height about 150m.
Northeast, there are the hills “Marmarades” where the archaeologic research situates the ancient town “Assa”.
Metaggitsi became known as an autonomic municipality at 1920. Until then it was belonged to the municipality of Agios Nikolaos . Some of the citizens are occupied with agriculture, other with farming and some other with building jobs. Metaggitsi also produces olive oil, wine, and tsipouro.
etaggitsi connects with sea through a road of just 4km. One reason that it canvas visitors, except from its natural beauties, may be considered the maintenance of tradition from the residents through many local feasts with the traditional kourbani, many other manifestations and also the residents hospitality